NHS Logo

General GP pension enquiries

Please note that PCSE is unable to answer queries regarding private pension schemes. NHS England advises practitioners to contact the CCG or NHS local area team that requested the deduction of private pension contributions from the practice payment.

When making a payment please enter the reference in the following format:

Practice code – year ending – GP’s full name

For example: P82004YEND2018- DR John Smith

PCSE’s customer support centre can provide NHS England’s bank details over the phone.

You need to notify PCSE using the online form available on the ‘Contact us’ page. Select ‘Pensions’ and complete your details. Then select the ‘Additional pension/ AVC/Top up’ option from the drop down list and upload your proof of identity, address and a marriage certificate and we will update your pension record.

There are different ways to increase your pension:

  • Additional Pension
  • Bigger lump sum purchase
  • Early Retirement Reduction Buy Out (ERRBO)
  • Half Cost Added Years
  • Money Purchase Additional Voluntary Contributions (MPAVC)
  • Stakeholder Pensions

Visit the NHSBSA Increasing Your Pension webpage for more information on all of the options available.

If you need to submit any forms to us or have a query, you can use the online enquiry form on our website.


If you are a General Practitioner (GP) that practices under a different surname, you may have issues accessing your statement due to the verification process used.

If you have issues accessing your statement due to practising under a different surname, please contact NHS Pensions directly by emailing nhsbsa.pensionsmember@nhsbsa.nhs.uk and include your membership or NI number