NHS Logo

Pension contributions - GP starting or leaving a practice

It is the leaving GP's responsibility to update their Performer List details, which includes a change of practice. Once this has been completed, the Practice Manager approves the change, and this then updates all systems regarding stopping the collection of pension contributions.  Click here for further information GP Performer List processes. 

It is possible for PCSE to process temporary adjustments to the practice or refund and payments taken until the GP has updated their Performer List details. Please submit a query via the online form and ensure all details of the doctor and any termination dates are included in the query section.

Please ensure that the GP has updated their Performer List details in PCSE Online, and that the Practice Manager has approved the change. Click here for further information on Performer List processes.

If the GP has not updated their employment details in PCSE Online, the Pensions Team cannot start collecting contributions for a GP who has started work at the practice.

Please submit a new Estimate of Profit Form and upload this via the online enquiries form, selecting 'GP Pensions' as the subject enquiry type. Please include details of the GP(s) affected.