NHS Logo

General queries

New batch headers for the new paper forms

There are new batch headers that must be used when you submit the new paper forms. There is a batch header for each type of GOS claim.

These are available to download only from our website - we will no longer send batch headers to contractors.

You can find out more and download the new batch headers using the tile below, as well as information about the new GOS paper forms, to be used from 1 February, and our video guide on completing a GOS1 paper form successfully.


Thinking about moving to online payments?

Visit our dedicated page that tells you all you need to know to move your GOS claims online.


You can use the online form to cancel the claim.  Select ‘Cancel GOS claim’ from the drop-down menu and complete the mandatory details on the form.


If you haven’t received your statement, please use the ‘GOS Payment Statement’ option on the online form to request a new one.

A copy of a statement can only be sent to an NHS.net e-mail account.  If you do not have an NHS.net email we can send a paper statement to your postal address.

The GOS payment statement option on the online form should be used for requesting copies of missing statements only. If you have a query about a payment discrepancy on a statement that you have received or a missing payment please select the ‘GOS claim payment error’ option.


If the amount you have been paid differs to the amount you expected, firstly please check for any returned GOS claims.

Ensure the claims submitted met the cut-off date for payment.

If you are still unable to identify the discrepancy, then please submit an enquiry using the ‘GOS Payment Query’ option on the online form.

Please check the cut-off date for your area to make sure the claims were submitted in time.

If you have submitted your claims in the correct time frame, please use the ‘GOS Payment Query’ option on the online form to provide further details for us to investigate.


Contact your NHS England local office to request a contract application form. You will be sent the appropriate application form to complete.

Once a new GOS contract has been awarded NHS England will notify PCSE.

Once we receive this notification, tailored GOS headers are created and sent to the contractor to enable you to submit GOS claims. 

Further information about contractor set up and changes can be found here.


If your practice has not yet registered to use PCSE Online to order supplies (GOS stationery) or to raise queries, please use the online enquiry form and select the option to ‘Register for PCSE Online’.

You will need to provide the details of the person in your organisation who you wish to be the Super User / Main contact.

Please provide the following details for the Super User / Main contact:

  1. Name
  2. Email address
  3. Practice name
  4. Practice address
  5. ODS code (also known as a TP code).  The format is ‘TP’ followed by three alpha/numeric characters. If you do not know the ODS code for your practice you should contact the Exeter Helpdesk on 0300 3034 034 or email: Exeter.helpdesk@nhs.net

When the Super User / Main contact has received their login details they will be able to set up additional users in your practice with access to PCSE Online.


Claims are rejected if there is missing information or the mandatory fields are not correctly completed.  Click here to view how to ‘Avoid Rejected GOS Claims’ and see best practice examples of how to complete different GOS types.

If your forms are rejected,  they will be returned to you with a cover sheet explaining which section(s) are incomplete.  Please amend and resubmit them to PCSE for processing and payment.

Please see our list of claim form submission dates which also includes details of when payments will be paid into bank accounts.

The preferred option for submitting  domiciliary notifications, also referred to as Pre-Visit Notifications (PVNs), is via our dedicated PVN form which can be found on the Contact Us page. 

Simply select 'Pre-Visit Notification' on the drop down menu of the Enquiry Form.

More details and FAQs about submitting PVNs can be found on our dedicated 'Notification of domiciliary visits' page.

  • Separate any previously rejected GOS forms from your normal/new GOS form submissions
  • Put a cross (X) in the top right hand corner of each previously rejected form
  • Batch them together using a separate batch header for each GOS form type
  • Write clearly on the batch header/s ‘PREVIOUSLY REJECTED’ underneath the name and address for payment box and securely fasten each batch together
  • Return the rejected forms to PCSE along with your normal GOS submissions to the usual addresses: Post to Primary Care Support England, PO Box 350, Darlington, DL1 9QN or courier to Capita Intelligent Communications, Building 17, Units 2 & 6, Lingfield Point, McMullen Road, DARLINGTON, DL1 1RW.

As there isn't a tick box or space for Universal Credit on the current forms, if you have a GOS claim for a patient entitled to Universal Credit please clearly write 'Universal Credit' somewhere in the benefits section of the form.

Read more information about eligibility for free NHS eye tests and optical vouchers here.

LOC Levy remittance advice is issued by NHS Shared Business Services (SBS).  Please contact them on 0303 123 1177  or visit https://www.sbs.nhs.uk/


LOC Levy remittance advice is issued by NHS Shared Business Services (SBS).  Please contact them on 0303 123 1177  or visit https://www.sbs.nhs.uk/


In order for PCSE to set up new contractors with tailored batch headers, firstly PCSE requires a new contract notification from the NHS England local office to confirm the contractor is approved to undertake NHS work in that area. 

Once we receive this notification, tailored GOS headers can be created to enable you to submit claims for NHS work undertaken.

Please speak to your relevant NHS England Local Team to gain approval to undertake NHS work. 

All GOS 4 voucher claims for adults aged 16 and over need to be pre-approved by NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA).

The GOS contractor downloads and completes the GOS 4 Pre authorisation Template and emails it to NHSBSA at nhsbsa.paos@nhs.net. The team's core working hours are 8am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday. The telephone service has been paused due to Covid-19.

Please note all queries must be made by GOS contractors, if patients contact NHSBSA directly they will be directed back to the appropriate contractor.

Further information is available on the NHSBSA GOS 4 Pre Authorisation briefing document.

A list of NHS England local team contacts for ophthalmic can be found here.

All applications for second pair or non-tolerance vouchers must be sent to your NHS England local team using the standard national templates.

1. Complete the second pair voucher application form

2. Submit the completed form to your NHS England local team

3. The local team will normally notify you of their decision in one week

4. Once you have received a decision from NHS England, you must retain a copy of the application form for your records for post payment verification purposes

5. If the application has been approved, you should submit a GOS3 to PCSE.

More detailed guidance about the criteria for these applications can be found here.

If you wish to raise a query about the LOC levy amount, please send it to PCSE via our online form on the Contact Us page.

- Select the 'Ophthalmic Payments' option from the drop down menu under type of enquiry

- Once on the form, choose Local Optical Committee

- Tick the option for 'Levy payment queries'

- Complete the form and submit

You will receive a case reference number (CAS XXXX-XXXX) which you should keep for your records.


If you need to make an alteration to a LOC levy, you need to submit a levy alteration form to your NHSE regional team, who authorise the change and pass it onto PCSE to action.  

You can find the LOC Levy Alteration Request form and full guidance on the LOCSU website.