The deadlines for submitting annual pension forms are approaching. You can download a pensions administrations timeline here.
How to submit your forms
- The PCSE enquiries form is the most efficient way to submit all pensions forms.
- Please select ‘GP Pensions’ as the type of enquiry.
- You will be asked to complete some details and then under ‘pension query’, select the name of the form you are submitting
- You will be provided with the option of submitting a query or uploading a form
- The form size must be no more than 3.2mb per attachment. Please ask your local IT support for guidance on reducing the size if your document is too large
- Up to five forms can be submitted – please ensure the form type matches the enquiry subject
- Use your NHS email account when completing the online form where possible
- Please ensure all forms have a signature. NHS pension regulations stipulate that PCSE is unable to process any forms that do not have a signature present on the document.
- Accountants can submit the forms on behalf of practitioners, providing they have been signed by the practitioner.
- If there are any errors or missing information on your end of year submission, we will email to let you know. If you are required to make any amends to the initial form you will need to resubmit the documentation using our online service. As a result we will close down the initial case and you will receive a new case reference number when you re-submit the documents.
Forms can also be posted to Primary Care Support England, PO Box 350, Darlington, DL1 9QN.
The deadline for practitioners to submit their Annual Certificates or Self-Assessment forms is 28th February 2018
Please note, any practitioner who has historically not submitted one or more annual pensions document will not be able to see a more recent earnings statement reflected via their total rewards pension statement.
PCSE will use the information provided on the certificate/self-assessment to reconcile payments collected from the practice and arrange to correct any under or over payments to the practice. If submissions are not made by 28 February, practitioners will see a delay in accessing up to date information on their Total Reward Statement when NHS Pensions updates them.
The deadline for GP practices to submit their Estimate of GP (and non-GP) Providers NHS Pensionable Profits/ Pay form to PCSE is 1 March 2018.
If the provider’s estimate is not submitted by 1 March, PCSE is unable to make any necessary adjustments to the pension deductions required from the practice and will continue to take pension contributions based on 2017 figures.
Pension shortfall payments
- If you need to pay an end of year shortfall pension payment and want to pay via online banking, please enter the reference in the following format:
Practice code – year ending – GP’s full name
For example: P82004YEND2017- DR John Smith
Then, please use the enquiries form to submit your self-assessment or annual certificate and enter the same reference number when prompted.
- If you need to pay an end of year shortfall pension payment and want to pay by cheque, please send this to Primary Care Support England, PO Box 350, Darlington, DL1 9QN. Please make a note on your certificate that you have sent a cheque payment.