NHS Logo


GP Locums

In 2015, Primary Care Support England (PCSE) took on responsibility for the primary care support services delivered by NHS England.  Our contact details can be found here.


Making pension contributions

Paying pension contributions to NHS England by BACs/online banking

The quickest, easiest and preferred way to pay your contributions is by BACs/online banking. Due to security concerns, we cannot publish NHS bank details on our website. If you have previously paid in this way, the bank details have not changed so please continue to use the same details. Practitioners wishing to pay via BACS and require the bank details should contact PCSE. Our contact details can be found here.

Practitioners should enter the following reference details for their payment:

  • SD number – your GP Pensions scheme number: 8 characters
  • LOCUM – the form type the payment relates to: 3 characters
  • MONTH – the month the payment relates to: 3 characters
  • YEAR – the year the payment is for: 2 characters

LOCUM example = 12345678LOCFEB17

* Note the reference should be no longer than 16 characters long.


Please let us know how useful you find this information by clicking an icon below.

Gold Star Green Light Yellow Light Red Light
very useful! useful needs improvement not useful at all

Your feedback is useful to us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

How to submit your forms online:

A quick and easy way to submit your locum forms is via the PCSE enquiries form. Please submit your form as soon as possible after you have made your contribution payment.

  • To access the enquiries form, please go to pcse.england.nhs.uk/contact-us
  • Select ‘GP’ pensions’ from the drop down menu
  • Complete the information requested including your payment reference number when prompted
  • You will then be able to upload your forms and submit them to PCSE.

You will receive an email confirming your submission which will include a case reference number you can use to follow-up if required.

Alternatively, practitioners can write the payment reference details on the form and post to Primary Care Support England, PO Box 350, Darlington, DL1 9QN

NHS England is currently seeking further clarification from the Pensions Agency with regards to the acceptance of emailed forms. We will provide an update if there is any change to the guidance provided above. In the meantime, we advise that you keep a copy of forms submitted via email.


Paying pension contributions to NHS England by cheque

Practitioners wishing to pay by cheque should send their cheques and supporting forms for pension contributions to:

Primary Care Support England, PO Box 350, Darlington, DL1 9QN.

Please make cheques payable to either NHS England or NHS Commissioning Board only. Cheques made out to PCSE cannot be banked by NHS England, and therefore will need to be returned to the payer requesting that they are re-issued correctly i.e. cheque made payable to NHS England or NHS Commissioning Board.