Skip to main content

CPD claims

Can a performer submit a CPD claim form for payment?

A performer can log into PCSE Online, create and sign their CPD claim, however the contractor will need to log in to sign and submit the performer's CPD claim.

CPD claims can only be paid to a contractor.

Locum optometrists who have difficulty finding a contractor willing to submit a CPD claim for them are advised to contact their local ICB to request assistance. Find your local integrated care board (ICB) - NHS (

I have a query about a CPD claim from a previous year.

Any queries about CPD claims from past years should be submitted using the 'Ophthalmic Payments' option on the Contact us page

Please follow these steps:

1. Select 'Ophthalmic Payments'.
2. Complete the verify me reCAPTCHA security box.
3. Choose 'Contractor/Optical practice'.
4. Select 'CET Grant Claims' from the Type of Query drop down menu.
5. Complete the fields and submit.

How will a CPD payment appear on a statement?

Due to restrictions on the existing Ophthalmic Payments System, the CPD payment will appear on the contractor’s GOS statements as Enhanced Service Value.  Details of the name of the performer that the CPD grant is for will be included

When can CPD claims be submitted?

The claims window will be open from Monday 1 July to Thursday 31 October 2024. For more information, please visit our dedicated CPD claim page

How do I submit a CPD claim?

Submitting a CPD claim is quick and easy to do on PCSE Online:

1. Performer logs into PCSE online and creates and signs their CPD claim
2. Contractor signatory logs in and signs and submits the Performer's CPD claim 

Should you need help submitting your claim, take a look at our CPD claims webpage or watch our short YouTube video.