NHS Logo


August 2017 Opticians: Important update about contacting PCSE & portal registrations

To enable PCSE to respond to email and telephone queries and for you to be able to order supplies, including GOS forms, you are required to register on the PCSE portal.

Portal registration enables PCSE to carry out the necessary identification and vetting checks to respond to enquiries from contractors.  Without this, PCSE is unable to respond to enquiries due to data protection. 

If your practice is already registered on the portal, the main contact/super user will be able to add or amend additional users.  We would encourage you to check the named contacts that are included under your practice registration and update accordingly. 

If you or your practice are not currently registered, please email pcse.datamanager@nhs.net with the following information:

      • Main contact name
      • Email address
      • Telephone number
      • Practice name
      • Practice address including post code
      • Organisation code (If you know it.  This is your unique 5-digit reference beginning with 'TP' e.g. TP1N5​)

For more information about the portal, including adding or amending users, please visit www.pcse.england.nhs.uk/help

Once registered on the portal, your practice will receive regular emails with updates about your service, including future service developments for submission of GOS forms electronically.



August 2017 A guide to the National Performers List change notification process for dental practices, performers, and NHS England local offices

The process for making changes to a performer’s inclusion on the National Performers List involves a number of parties. The time taken to process a change varies according to type of request, and is highly dependent on the supply of accurate supporting information from dental practices, performers and NHS England Local Offices.

Based on feedback from practices, we have created this guide to the various types of change notifications and the supporting information required from each party.

Click here to download the guide

July 2017 Inappropriate usage of the medical record shipping bags

NHS England and Primary Care Support England would like to remind GP practices that under no circumstances should the following items be placed inside medical record shipping bags:

  • prescription pads;
  • unwanted supplies; or
  • clinical samples

The shipping bags are only to be used for the medical records collection service and should only contain medical records.  Using the bags to forward any other materials could represent a clinical safety, information governance or health risk.

For information on how to return supplies please click here.

July 2017 How to claim your CET grant in 2017

The window for submitting Continuing Education and Training (CET) claims to PCSE opened on 1 July 2017 and will remain open until 31 October 2017.

Claims for CET undertaken by ophthalmic practitioners between 1 January to 31 December 2016 must be submitted during this period and should be sent to pcse.optical@nhs.net

As a reminder, CET allowance payments are payable to contractors.  A payment can be claimed by a contractor in respect of either:

  1. CET he/she has undertaken personally in the year between 1 January to 31 December 2016.
  2. CET undertaken in the year between 1 January to 31 December 2016 by an ophthalmic practitioner on the Ophthalmic Performers List.

The CET allowance for 2016 is £545.

To submit a claim, please follow these steps:

  1. Complete the form which can be found via this link or on the Department of Health Website
  2. Sign and date the form in the appropriate place(s)
  3. Scan the signed form and attach to an email
  4. Put ‘2017 CET claim’ in the email subject header
  5. Email to pcse.optical@nhs.net

Each claim received will be assigned a case reference number.  We will send you an email confirming that number which should be quoted in any subsequent correspondence. Please ensure that the details you have registered with PCSE are up to date and correct.

Please note you are asked to submit only one claim form per email so that each form has a unique case reference that can be tracked.  

The preferred route for submitting CET claims is by email to pcse.optical@nhs.net but if you prefer to submit by post you can send to:

Primary Care Support England
PO Box 350

If you are including CET claims with GOS claims, please ensure that you group the CET claims together and place them on top of the GOS claims to enable them to be identified and processed more easily.

Important: Claim forms submitted to any other email or postal addresses will not be processed. 

July 2017 Applying to join the National Performers List - A guide for foundation dentists

PCSE and NHS England have produced a guide to take foundation dentists step by step through the process of applying to join the Performer's List. Click here to download the guide.