Skip to main content

Existing Performers

I am an ophthalmic performer - my store hasn't registered for PCSE Online yet. Can I access the PCSE Online Performer List service?

The store needs to set up its User Administrators first. These User Administrators can then select the Performers that are relevant to their store.

Only once this has been done can ophthalmic performers use the online service.

You should contact your Head Office to find out more.

I can't see myself on the Performers List for England website. What do I need to do?

You can request that the Performers List team investigate this via the online enquiry form. Select ‘Performers List’ as the subject enquiry type and complete the information requested. Please include a description of the issue in the message box when prompted and include your Regulatory Body and Performers List numbers in the communication.

Primary care providers should speak to your NHS England local office to confirm the status of a performer in the absence of them being evident on the Performers List for England website.

How will I know when the changes to my Performer record have been approved?

You will receive an email from PCSE asking you to check PCSE Online to view the changes made to your Performer record.

Once the change to my Performer record has been approved, is there anything else I need to do?

If your change involves a change of practice, status or number of sessions worked, yes.

Once your change has been approved on PCSE Online, you will need to submit a new Estimate of Pensionable Profit form. This should be submitted to PCSE using the online enquiry form.

How long does it take to process a change to my Performer record?

This depends on the type of change you are applying to make.  If you are changing your practice this will require approval from your NHS England regional team or ICB.

How do I withdraw from the Performers List?

If you are resigning, retiring or taking 24 hour retirement, you'll need to notify us via the Performer Home page on PCSE Online. 

  • Click on the Withdrawal from the Performers List option on the left hand menu
  • Enter the date the withdrawal is effective from and the reason for withdrawal e.g. Resignation, Retirement or 24-hour retirement
  • Press submit


Medical Performers submitting a withdrawal notification

When a medical performer submits a withdrawal notification, the request progresses through an approvals process:

  • PCSE teams will ensure the practice is correctly registered on PL PCSE portal and assign the request to a PCSE case officer
  • This will then trigger the approval process
  • The case will go to the practice and the local office for approval
  • If the performer is a partner then it will also go to the CCG once the practice has approved the request
  • Once all approvals have been received the performer will be notified that their Withdrawal has been approved and their name will be withdrawn at the effective date of withdrawal


Other Performers submitting a withdrawal notification

If a dental performer, ophthalmic performer or a medical performer who is a locum and unattached to a practice submits a withdrawal case then the request will go straight to the local office for approval.

Once approved the performer will be notified by email that their withdrawal has been approved and their name will be withdrawn on the approved effective date.



You can find more detailed information on the withdrawal process in our user guide here.

What are the manage performer statuses and what do they mean?
  • Pending – Change request has been submitted for processing
  • Assigned – Change request has been submitted and PCSE will process the request. You will receive an email notifying you when a decision has been made.
  • Awaiting NHS England Decision – Change request has been submitted and is with NHS England for consideration. You will receive an email notifying you when a decision has been made.
  • Closed – Change request is complete.
How do I update my registered user details on PCSE Online?

You can do this via the “Home Screen” on PCSE Online. Visit the Performer list page for your profession, and download the Performer Management User Guide for further details.

How do I make changes to the information held about me on the Performer List for England?

You need to be registered to use the PCSE Online Performer List service.

You can make changes to the following details via PCSE Online:

  • Personal details
  • Employment details
  • NHS England Local Office details
  • Status/Performer Type

You can also withdraw from the Performers List via PCSE Online and apply for 24hr Retirement (Medical Performers only).

PCSE Online is designed to be user-friendly. However, if you need support, visit the Performer List page for your profession and download user guides,

If you are not already registered to use PCSE Online, details on how to register can be found here.

I am a performer but do not work at a practice. How can I access the new system if I work solely for an out of hours provider or social enterprise organisation?

If your organisation is known to PCSE, you have already been registered and sent a verification email from, to complete your registration. Please check your junk/spam folder.

If you need further assistance, go to Contact us, choose Register for PCSE Online and complete an enquuiry form. 

I am already on the Performers List for England for my profession - do I need to do anything on PCSE Online?

You should log into PCSE Online, and check the information displayed is correct. 

You can update your Performer record - personal details, employment details, status etc - via PCSE Online.

If you do not have access to PCSE Online, visit the Performers Lists page and select your profession. From here you simply need to select 'New Performers' and go to page 6 in the 'Performers List application guide'.

How do I make changes to the Performers List?

Performers List changes are made through PCSE Online.

If you're not registered for PCSE Online, click here to find out how.

If you are registered, please go to log in page here.

For support on how to make changes to your Performer list details, please visit our Performer List pages.