More information and support
Good to know
What do I need to get online?
As PCSE Online is a web-based system, users will need a computer and an internet connection to be able to log in.
Alternatively, a tablet device can also be used.
You can find out more in the PCSE Online Welcome Pack.
If there are any questions, please contact your ICB commissioning team or OFNC representative membership organisation.
Adding a Performer to your organisation
Adding an ophthalmic performer is different process to just creating a new user.
Once you're logged in as the user administrator, choose User Management.
Next choose the Performer Management option, type in your Performer's GOC number and press enter.
If the Performer already has a PCSE Online Performer User Account, you will see the Performer's first and last name. To add them to your practice:
- Choose Click here to view
- Tick the role(s) you want to assign to the Performer in your practice
- Click on Update
Performers can have more than role with a practice.
If the Performer does not have a PCSE Online Performer User account:
- You'll need to confirm the Performer's email address and telephone number
- Click Update
- You'll be taken to the Create Portal User screen, where the fields the Performer's details are pre-populated
- Select Performer as the role
- Click on Create
The performer will receive an email with a link to verify their PCSE Online account and create a password.
Create and assign user roles
User administrators manage access to the PCSE Online system. They can:
- Set up colleagues within their practice with appropriate roles
- Deactivate users when staff leave
- Edit user access if roles change
Ophthalmic User Roles
These are the roles that are available for the user administrator to assign to colleagues within their practice:
- User Administrator
- Contractor Signatory
- GOS Performer*
- GOS Claim Manager
- OPH Statement View
- OPH Supplier Signatory
- OPH Head Office
* Please read the previous section on Adding a Performer before assigning the GOS Performer role.
Create Users and assign roles
The user administrator should log into PCSE Online.
- Click on User Management
- Click on Create User
- Enter the users details (name, email, telephone number)
- Select the role(s) for that user - a user may have more than one role
- Click on Create
The new user will receive an email with a link for them to verify their account and set up a password.
For further information on user roles, create, editing and deactivating a user, view our Ophthalmic User Management Guide.
Let us know how satisfied you are with this webpage by clicking a button below.