NHS Logo

General enquiries

View the Performer List page for details on the process for applying to join the list.

All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application.

If you have any questions about your application, please contact us.

NPL forms are available to download from the NHS England website here.

The process for completing and submitting the forms to PCSE can be found on the PCSE website here.

Change of status

GP registrars and Dental Foundation Trainees are already on the National Performers Lists when they conclude their training. Dental Foundation Trainees and GP Registrars can continue to work while the NPL3 form regarding their status change is being processed by PCSE.

General Practitioners    

GP registrars who have newly qualified can work as they are on the performers list and will be showing on the performers list website.  The individual can show they are qualified by producing their certificate of completed training (CCT)  This is also reflected on the GMC register which any employer can check if they so wish.

  1. GP Trainees legally cease to be trainees when the GP registrar achieves their CCT and the GMC register is updated.
  2. NHS England policy requires GP Trainees to provide evidence that they have completed their training and to complete a change in status form, enabling PCSE to update their status on the performers list.  If the GP registrar has evidenced this, they have fulfilled their obligations under the regulations and NHS England policy.
  3. The change in status on the Performers List itself does not require NHS England Medical Director (MD) / Responsible Officer (RO) approval as this is a routine administrative process.
  4. During this period of time, and in the event that an enquiry regarding their status is received from either the recently qualified trainee or an organisation wishing to use their service, MDs or their delegated officers should assure themselves that the trainee has completed their training by either checking the GMC register, and or liaising with HEE if they are a GP registrar. If the MD or their delegated officer can assure themselves via this route, there should be no reason why the trainee should not be permitted to practise independently whilst the administrative change in status is undertaken.


We will require a practice notification form from you. Please refer to the guidance on the Performers Lists page here.

We will require a practice notification form from you. Please refer to the guidance on the Performers Lists page here.

Please refer to the guidance on the Performers List page here.

PCSE is responsible for checking that any partners who have left a practice have had their patients redistributed to other GPs at the practice – this is part of NPL2 and NPL3 processing.

If you are contacted regarding this, please provide the details of how the patients need to be reallocated.

Practices can set up pooled lists which would avoid the need for the patient split to be communicated each time a partner leaves. To set up a pooled list, please email PCSE at pcse.performerlists@nhs.net

Yes.  If you move to a new practice, a new GP code will be issued to you as part of the Performers List change  notification process.  Please do not use your old GP code once you move to a new practice, as this would result in new  patient registrations being assigned to your previous practice, and the patient’s medical records would be sent to your previous practice.

When an NPL 2 (change to circumstance or status) is processed for a new GP joining a practice, PCSE will send the performer a change notification confirmation letter which includes their prescribing number,  G referral code, and their local code. If you require these codes for performers in your practice, please ask them for a copy of this letter.